- Blogging for Hippo
- Schedule Sales with WooCommerce
- The Problem with Focus
- Give Thanks
- Be Thankful for the People Who Inspire You
- Give Yourself Space
- Build Resources From Support
- How Hard Can Membership Be?
- Adding Social Media Icons to WooCommerce Product Pages
- How to Export WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Upgrade Your Contact Form With Ninja Forms
- Why I Write
- Blog Comments Policy
- Content Marketing Works – Even with Furnace Filters
- Making Email from Your Website More Reliable with Email Delivery Tools
- A Happiness Podcast?
- Podcast Compensation
- Wishlists Done Right
- Enable Free Shipping on a Per Product Basis
- Improve Your Writing with the Hemingway Editor
- Tell Users What You're Doing
- 2014 Business Review
- Mind Your Own Business
- Think Different to 10x Your Business
- Let Projects Die
- Maximize Your Creative Energy
- Use Git Bisect to Find Bugs in Your Codebase
- My Personal Value of Remote Work
- Don't Spam Email Receipts
- Make Your Own Luck
- Cold Showers and the Power of Challenges
If you've been reading my blog for a while you might remember the Blogging for Benjamin challenge. It was a month long blogging competition organized by Daniel Espinoza to get you out of your comfort zone and I loved it. It was just challenging enough to post every day for an entire month and while it was a lot of work it was totally worth it. This year I'm participating in something slightly different. Our very own Bryce Adams set up Blogging for Hippo where we'll be blogging for an entire month leading up to the release of WooCommerce 2.3 – Handsome Hippo.
What I'm Expecting
I've already done this once and I know it was incredibly tough. Getting your butt off the couch to write a blog post on the weekend is pretty rough. This year since we're starting a bit early we'll be done on Christmas Eve which will give us a nice break after Christmas but it does mean working over Thanksgiving. sigh
Learning About Yourself
Even though it's definitely going to be tough I know it's going to be worth it. There's nothing like a good challenge to get my fire going again.
Last year after blogging every day for a month I learned how to write. What I liked writing, what I didn't like writing, what took the most time to write, and what resonated most with my readers. That's something that's really hard to learn when you blog once a month. When something is in your face every day for 31 days you can't ignore it as you might be able to do when you look at it once a month.
- It starts today. Right here, right now.
- It runs up to the 24th of December.
- Posts can be scheduled for the future, but not back-dated.
- Posts must be at least 250 words.
- Posts can be about anything.
- Bonus Points! You should try include a GIF in every post.
I think one of my favorite parts about this competition is that I'm doing it with amazing people. I have an idea what I want to write about but I have no idea what they're going to write about. It could be WooCommerce, WordPress, Technology, or something totally unrelated and I love that. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my team so this is a nice way of interacting with them and learning a bit more about them and their passions through their writing.
Onto the competition….
- Bryce Adams
- Barry Kooij
- Remi Corson
- Claudio Sanches (I hope you can read Portuguese!)
- Hugh Lashbrooke
- Dwain Maralack
- Dan Johnson
All of these guys are going to produce some pretty epic content. And you can follow the thing on Twitter searching for #bloggingforhippo.
Happy blogging! 🙂
Photo credit: Giphy