- Blogging for Hippo
- Schedule Sales with WooCommerce
- The Problem with Focus
- Give Thanks
- Be Thankful for the People Who Inspire You
- Give Yourself Space
- Build Resources From Support
- How Hard Can Membership Be?
- Adding Social Media Icons to WooCommerce Product Pages
- How to Export WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Upgrade Your Contact Form With Ninja Forms
- Why I Write
- Blog Comments Policy
- Content Marketing Works – Even with Furnace Filters
- Making Email from Your Website More Reliable with Email Delivery Tools
- A Happiness Podcast?
- Podcast Compensation
- Wishlists Done Right
- Enable Free Shipping on a Per Product Basis
- Improve Your Writing with the Hemingway Editor
- Tell Users What You're Doing
- 2014 Business Review
- Mind Your Own Business
- Think Different to 10x Your Business
- Let Projects Die
- Maximize Your Creative Energy
- Use Git Bisect to Find Bugs in Your Codebase
- My Personal Value of Remote Work
- Don't Spam Email Receipts
- Make Your Own Luck
- Cold Showers and the Power of Challenges
Earlier this summer I was planning my 16 hour drive to Colorado and knew that podcasts wouldn't be enough. I needed some longer stories to keep me engaged for hours at a time. I heard about Audible many times over the last couple years but it took me until this summer to finally signup.
One of the things that's surprised me is how effective their marketing is. They maximize every piece of data they have. I've been especially impressed with their wishlists. I started adding books to my wishlist so that when I finished a book I could reference my list to buy the next book. What I didn't realize was that they would use that data to get me to buy the book today.
Take a look at this email. It's just awesome.
I've gotten several of these over the past couple of months. Every time there's a sale on one of the books in my wishlist they send an email letting me know that I could get it at a discount. Needless to say every time they do this I go out and buy the book. I love getting the book at a discount since I know I'm going to read it at some point. And I'm really starting to trust their brand because they're always helping me get the best deal.
Moar Wishlist Emails!
They don't just send you emails when products are on sale. They send out another email when one of the books on your list wins an award. In this case Audible listed Think Like a Freak as one of the best books of 2014.
This adds social proof to the book and is a good incentive to get this book next. If you were on the fence this might just push you over the edge.
My job is to make sure that we're building the right functionality for WooCommerce at the right time. I use whatever information I can get my hands on to do that. I'm honestly inspired by what Audible has done and I really want to add this to the WooCommerce Wishlists.
I'm about to fire off some emails to start discussions around this feature. In the meantime enjoy some awesome audiobooks from Audible. 🙂
Image credit: Giphy