These are the tools I use to run my business. They’re ordered by importance (aka “how I make my living”).
- WP Engine and WordPress – I make money by explaining technology. Much of that is based on writing every week on my blog. It’s where I’ve built my reputation and it's my single most important asset.
- ConvertKit – my newsletter is where I build relationships, and earn trust. This is where I’ll share what I’m learning, and ultimately ask people to buy. I recently upgraded to ConvertKit (from MailChimp). I had several products and wanted more granular control over automations.
- Bonjoro – how I welcome people to my newsletter – they're personal video messages and they make all the difference.
- WooCommerce – you can sell anything with WooCommerce. Physical products, digital, memberships, subscriptions, etc. It's incredible and it's free to start.
- Hemingway App – writing is hard. And writing with distractions is even harder. That's why I like the minimal layout of Hemingway App.
- Ninja Forms – the best contact form ever.
Those are the big ones. I’ll continue to add / modify this list as I think of other things.
Note: some of these links are affiliate links. This means I’ll get a small percentage commission on the sale.