If you have a site that doesn't have WooCommerce installed – how easy would it be to list products? Can you list a bunch of products from another site? Yes you can – and it's actually pretty easy.
The good news is that WooCommerce already has a feed (called an RSS feed) of products that it automatically shares with the public. The great part about this is that even sites that don't use WordPress can access that list. If you are using a WordPress site then there will be a few more tools you can use to grab that list and display it.
Finding the WooCommerce Products RSS Feed
The first step, whether you're running a WordPress site or a non-WordPress site, is to find the RSS feed.
- Go to the page you set as your shop page; that's the page that displays all of your products.
- Now you need to view the source. Any browser can do this. In Google Chrome you can do it through the menu: View -> Developer -> View Source.
- Now you need to look for the Product Feed in the source. There will be a url that you need to copy.
Displaying the RSS Feed
This is where is really pays to use WordPress. Displaying an RSS feed is built into WordPress. If you aren't using WordPress then you'll have to find your own solution to display the RSS feed.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and select the RSS Widget.
- Configure the widget
- The only required field is the RSS feed url which is what we copied in the first part of this.